Middle School Athletics
MS Athletics Coordinator
|Girls Basketball||Victor Haney|
|Boys Volleyball||Tan Nguyen|
|Boys Basketball||Sean Comer|
|Girls Volleyball||Anne Flati|
|Cross Country||Steve Moreno|
|Girls Soccer||Jason Boyce|
|Boys Soccer||Santi Guzman|
|Track and Field||Steve Moreno|
Nondiscrimination and equivalent opportunities Policy
MS Athletics Participation requirements
For those interested in participating in Middle School Athletics, please fill out the Middle School Activity Certificate / Escuela Secundaria CMMS Certificado para Actividades and return it to HS Athletics Office along with a copy of your medical insurance card.
MS Athletics Information
League: Costal Athletic League
Schools in League: TeWinkle, Costa Mesa, Ensign, Harbor Day, Sowers, Dwyer, CDM
- Boys Volleyball: Tryouts start the third week of school and the season runs from late September to mid- November.
- Girls Basketball: Tryouts start the third week of school and the season runs from late September through mid-November.
- Cheer: Tryouts are at the beginning of the school year and a summer camp usually in late July, Early August. Cheer attends MS Volleyball and Basketball games.
- Co-ed Cross Country: This is a no-cut sport, everyone will race. They start running practices after Thanksgiving and meet after school at the track two to three times a week. The races are on Thursdays in January.
- Girls Volleyball: Tryouts are in mid-November.
- Boys Basketball: Tryouts start after Thanksgiving and the season runs from mid- December through mid-February.
- Boys & Girls Soccer: Tryouts start after President’s Break in February and the season runs from mid-March through early April.
Girls Coach is Jason Boyce, Boys Coach is Santi Guzman
- Co-ed Track: This is a no-cut sport, everyone eligible can participate. They start practices after Spring Break and meet after school at the track two to three times a week. There are five meets total (3 tri-meets, a league pre-lims, and a league finals). The head coach is Steve Moreno